My first Martha Stewart Cookie! I won't be publishing the recipes here, copyrights and all. Some of the cookie recipes are listed on the web-site, and I'll try to provide links to that. This one was pretty easy to make. I prepared the dough a few days ago and just kept it in the refrigerator in plastic wrap. Some problems I ran into:
- Called for 4 cups of flour, I only had 3 and 3/4 cup, so I had to use 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour. It gave it a sort of multi-colored looked.
- Didn't have a double boiler to make the center filling
- Didn't have 5 hours to watch the center filling on the double boiler
- Unsure what "dusting sugar" is
- Don't have 1.75" round cookie cutters
I found the cookie tasty and good for people who have egg or nut allergies. The cookie portion was very close to a pie crust, and the filling like carmel. Messy and sticky though