Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Alfajores de Dulce de Leche


My first Martha Stewart Cookie! I won't be publishing the recipes here, copyrights and all. Some of the cookie recipes are listed on the web-site, and I'll try to provide links to that. This one was pretty easy to make. I prepared the dough a few days ago and just kept it in the refrigerator in plastic wrap. Some problems I ran into:

  • Called for 4 cups of flour, I only had 3 and 3/4 cup, so I had to use 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour. It gave it a sort of multi-colored looked.
  • Didn't have a double boiler to make the center filling
  • Didn't have 5 hours to watch the center filling on the double boiler
  • Unsure what "dusting sugar" is
  • Don't have 1.75" round cookie cutters
I saw a side note on the recipe that some stores sell the filling pre-made and I was able to locate that, so it took care of the not having a double boiler or five hours. I used the top to my martini shaker as the cookie cutter. I guess it is all just a learning process.

I found the cookie tasty and good for people who have egg or nut allergies. The cookie portion was very close to a pie crust, and the filling like carmel. Messy and sticky though

No comments: