- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal, extra for sprinkling stone
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup provolone cheese (Redbook said Fontina, but good luck finding that in Winona, land of Velveeta and American cheese)
- 4 ounces of feta crumbles
- 1 pound of tomatoes (Redbook said heirloom, but again, good luck)
In a food processor, mix together the cornmeal, flour, salt then butter. Drizzle in the sour cream mixed with water, continue to pulse till dough forms. Wrap it in plastic wrap in a small disc and chill for an hour.
Flour and roll out into a 14 inch circle. Transfer to a baking stone that has had been dusted with cornmeal. Layer, Parmesan cheese, provolone cheese, 3/4 of the feta cheese, tomatoes. Brush olive oil on top of the tomatoes then sprinkle pepper and salt on top. Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove from oven, top with remaining feta cheese and basil. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
This is VERY good, but very rich. So, make sure you balance it out with a salad. We had leftovers, so 4 servings.