Monday, October 4, 2010

Potato Topper

Inspired by Topper's Potato Topper Pizza.
Here we go:

  • Heather's Special Ranch Dressing (mayo, sour cream, fresh dill, garlic, thyme, oregano, kosher salt, pepper)
  • 2 cups cheddar cheese
  • 4 potatoes
  • 5 slices of bacon
  • 1 minced garlic clove
I used my standard crust, but did 3 cups AP flour, 1 cup whole wheat.
Cut the bacon up into smallish pieces, and fry up. Remove bacon, let sit on some paper towels. I boiled the potatoes till they were nearly done, then cut them up into 1 inch chunks. Fry the potatoes up in the bacon grease with the garlic. Get them a little crisp.
I blind baked the crust for about ten minutes at 400, just get it ready for all the ranch.
Spread the ranch, I used about 3/4 a cup of it. Top with cheddar cheese, the potatoes and bacon. Bake for about 10 minutes.

I talked to an employee of Toppers, and they said that Toppers uses garlic butter for the sauce and puts ranch on top. But, they don't use Heather's Special Ranch either. I like the way mayo tastes when it bakes, so that is why I did it this way.

I really loved this. John did too. Blind baking the crust really helped make it nice and crisp.

1 comment:

Irina said...

It's look so delicious. Mmmm...