Thursday, March 25, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

We are on a homemade pizza kick! Let's start with the crust.


  • 1 and 1/2 cups warm water
  • 1 packet of yeast
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 4 cups AP flour
  • 1/3 cup olive oil

Sprinkle the yeast onto the warm water, set aside. Mix together flour and salt. I use my Kitchen Aid mixer with a dough hook. Drizzle in the olive oil. Then drizzle in the yeasty water. Keep the mixer on low for a bit, let it all get mixed nicely together. Then, put the dough into a large bowl, and I do mean large. Make sure the bowl is coated with olive oil as well. Roll the ball of dough, coat it with the oil. Put some plastic wrap on it, put it in the fridge for awhile. 2 or 3 hours, or even days. This makes enough dough for 2 pizzas, so at least 2 meals for the B-bergs.

Now, this is the recipe I've been using for the past 2 weeks, and I really love it. Jbizzle even loves it. When I made him eat the tomato and eggplant pizza all he could say was "I DO like the crust!"

SO, onward!

I had leftover chicken from a whole chicken I baked up the day before. Have I talked about how much I LOVE whole chickens?

  • 1 cup shredded chicken
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 4 tablespoons hot sauce, buffalo sauce, Franks, whatever
  • 2 cups mozzarella cheese, or maybe Jack
  • bleu cheese crumbles

Melt the butter together with the buffalo sauce, dump in the chicken. I did this about 2 hours ahead of time, put it back in the fridge to marinate.

Spread the crust (just half of the above recipe) out onto a olive oil covered baking pan. Put a bit more oil on top. Then top with the mozzarella cheese, then the chicken, drip the excess sauce from the chicken out on top (you may need to microwave the chicken a bit if you had it marinating in the fridge), bake at 500 degrees for about ten minutes. Sprinkle some of the bleu cheese on top, and serve away!

I don't think that you HAVE to use olive oil. You could probably use canola or vegetable, but would you really want to?

No comments: