Saturday, June 4, 2011

Vanilla Honey

When I buy yogurt, I HAVE to have a coupon. Period. And, it preferably has to be on sale. I have zero brand loyalty. I do like the Greek style best, but that gets expensive, and I have been known to eat up to 4 a day.

Danon Light & Fit are good, come in a 4 pack, and are responsibly priced. I was at Wal-mart, and they only had vanilla left. Not my ideal choice, but I'm cheap, so hooray. Of course, it's bland. And Greek yogurt with that honey flavor has spoiled me. So, I made my own. I just squirted some honey in, gave it a little stir, and it was wonderful. So great, I bought vanilla on purpose, just so I could do it again.

Since the yogurt is cold, the honey "hardens" a bit, and swirls of honey can be seen throughout it. Making it keep a good strong honey flavor.

No comments: