Friday, August 26, 2011

Rib-Eye Steaks and Caprase Salad

John and I were getting all romantic, and ate a dinner all by ourselves. Well, really, he had volleyball and wasn't home till 9, so we had dinner with out the Connor. But I did break out the place mats!

I like my steaks pretty natural, just fresh cracked pepper with kosher salt. Rub in an extra amount, and I let them sit for a few hours in the refrigerator, then on the counter for a half hour or so. I don't like throwing cold meat onto the grill. I grill on preheated medium-high for about 4 minutes on one side, and another 4 on the other. I would recommend more if you like yours more than medium!

Caprase Salad:

  • Roma Tomatoes
  • Fresh Mozzarella
  • Fresh Basil
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Kosher Salt
  • Cracked Pepper

Assemble it cutely. Goes very well with the steak. And wine. Of course.

No comments: