- 2 tablespoons of HOT water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 1 packet of chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 1/4 cup HOT water
- 1/2 cup soft butter (use the REAL stuff)
- 3 cups powder sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Dissolve 1 teaspoon of coffee crystals into the 2 tablespoons of HOT water. Add the rest of the bar ingredients and put into a greased 13 x 9 baking pan. I then sprinkle a little extra cinnamon on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Make up the frosting. Dissolve 2 teaspoons of coffee crystals into the 1/4 cup HOT water. Stir in the remaining frosting ingredients, spread onto the cooled bars. Allow to finish cooling in the fridge for at least a half an hour.