Thursday, October 4, 2007

Teething Baby Biscuits

I know it's been awhile since I've shared a recipe, and believe me I have some good ones. I just always forget to take the pictures! So maybe I'll start posting without pictures.

With that said, I have a new one for babies. I had a lot of extra baby rice cereal. I bought way more that I would ever need, because everyone says that babies are suppose to eat that crap for a month or whatever. My baby didn't eat it for more than a week, and went on to real foods. I'll still mix it in with some solids, but for the most part it's just been sitting around on my shelves. Since he's been teething, I decided to try to make him some biscuits out of what I had around the house. Plus those Gerber pre-made biscuits are expensive!

  • 1 cup of flour (I used white, but I think whole-wheat would work better)
  • 1 cup of baby cereal (I used banana flavor)
  • 3 tablespoons canola oil
  • 1/3 cup ice water (about)
Mix the flour, cereal and oil together. Slowly, tablespoon by tablespoon at the ice water to the mixture. Do it like how you make a pie crust, the colder the water, the better. Once it forms into a nice ball roll it out and cut into strips, about 1 X 3 inch.
Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
Here is my dude looking all crazy eating it!

No comments: