Thursday, June 17, 2010

Jalapeño Fries

I adapted this from a Rachael Ray show I recently saw. I wasn't measuring, so bare with me. Again. Really, I rarely measure, John laughs at me as he watches me constantly sniffing food, to see if it's properly mixed.


6 Big Jalapeños
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs
squirt of spicy brown mustard
bread crumbs from 4 heels of standard bread
1/4 cup parm cheese

Cut the jalapeños in half, then scoop out the seeds and ribs. Then slice each half into 4 long strips. Set up, a bowl of flour, bowl of eggs mixed with the mustard + touch of flour, bowl of bread crumbs + cheese. Dip the strips of peppers into flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. Lay onto a baking sheet prepped with a Silpat. Don't have one? What? Really? Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Dip into Ranch or Bleu Cheese dressing.

No comments: