Monday, June 28, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies

  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup regular sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

Cream together sugars and soften butter, takes about 3 minutes. Add egg and peanut butter, mix it more. In separate bowl whisk together the remaining dry ingredients. Add gradually to the sugar mixture. Make small balls, I used the 2 teaspoons cookie scoop. Take a fork, make cross hatches on it. My mother would use a potato masher to smush hers down. That is easy for kids to do, I prefer the look of the fork marks though.

Back at 300 degrees for nearly 15 minutes. The low temperature with a longer cooking time makes the cookies come out chewy, and I like my cookies medium-rare chewy.


No comments: