Friday, September 3, 2010

Tomato Goodness

That is it. I have a new favorite food. I don't even know what to call this.

  • Handful of Cherry tomatoes (I had green, red and orange ones)
  • Sweet Red Pepper
  • Clove of garlic
  • Fresh Basil
  • Salt & Pepper
Heat some olive oil to medium-low, add chopped garlic clove. Cook for a few moments, add the pepper. At this point, I added some kosher salt and pepper. Cook till the pepper is slighly mushy, I like mushy veggies. Add the halved cherry tomatoes and the fresh basil. Cook till warm. This is so good. I put it on ziti pasta and topped with some shredded parm. Seriously, this is my new favorite food. I had regular slicing tomatoes, that I just used. Removed the seeds, and they worked just as well. This dish is so pretty, I almost feel bad when I am licking the plate.

No comments: