Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Week 4: Sun Room

On to organizing the Sun Room. This room just needed more cleaning than anything. And we are planning a massive Easter day party, so what better time than now!

BEFORE:
AFTER:
I took down the mirror down into the downstairs bathroom. I picked up the books. Connor has thousands of books, so I put 7 of them into the sell-room. The little table next to the chair is ready to go outside. It's my outdoor coffee table.

BEFORE:
AFTER:
Cleared off the pool table. There were random toys, tools, pictures, paint supplies, a coffee maker - you get the idea. Everything went to the basement. That must be why basement is one of the last zones to clean, as everything is making it's way down there!

There was a bunch of 12 packs of soda next to the fridge, and I put the INTO the fridge. Genius.

The liquor box got a SERIOUS upgrade. The cardboard box on top of the black fridge was what we used to haul our liquor to Winona when we moved here 5 years ago. It has just been a handy place to keep the bottles. But really, an eye sore. So, I replaced it with a green bin that was housing puzzles. (a problem for another day.)

BEFORE:
AFTER:
Just another shot of the cleaned up zone. You can see near the door, a shoe tray I recently bought to put our outdoor shoes on. I bought it at Menards for around $6, but now the Target Dollar Spot has super cute pink and green ones for $2.50.

BEFORE:
AFTER:
Put the extra kitchen chair BACK in the kitchen, and the back massage portion in the basement. Put the magazine rack back into Connor's room. So his books now have a storage area, instead of all over the floor of his bedroom.

So, in the end, I only got rid of 7 books, 3 pictures, the old liquor box, and boxes that held the sodas. Not much, but cleaning up the zone, and putting thing back were they belong helped this room out a ton. I did do a mini-make over not that long ago on the microwave cart in the room, HERE.

No comments: