Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Week 5: Kitchen, Day 2

BEFORE:
AFTER:
I made a decision that Connor is too big for plastic cutlery, so I threw them all away. I also got rid of 4 plastic stir sticks that were broken or icky. Also tossed an old bottle opener. I then had this idea, the tray that holds the cutlery always slides to the back of the drawer, so I put the spare spices in the back to hold it in place. These spices are ones that I use to refill my spices in the pretty rack I have.

BEFORE:
AFTER:
Nothing too crazy here, just got rid of duplicate or expired cleaning supplies. Moved the Windex to the bathroom, where it gets used more.

BEFORE:
AFTER:
This drawer has always been a headache for me. I got rid of this huge paint brush thing that was for basting meats (never been used) along with a device for testing the temp of meat. Connor broke the "toaster tongs" while I was cleaning, took care of that problem. Moved the plastic forks to be with their friends in the cupboard containing disposable dishware.

BEFORE:
AFTER:
Folded the towels and wash rags (crazy idea, right?) Put towels on the left, wash clothes on the right and oven mitts in the center. My chem goggles behind the oven mitts. I use them for when I am cutting peppers. Seriously, it was an issue.

BEFORE:
AFTER:
Just a general cleaning job. Got rid of 2 little cookbooks, some decorate ice trays, vase, lids to ice cream buckets. Made space fro the new coffee grinder.

Whew.

SO, I purged out:

  • 5 empty spice bottles
  • All plastic kid cutlery
  • 4 stir sticks
  • Toaster Tongs
  • Meat paint brush
  • Meat thermometer
  • Half dozen gross wash rags
  • Expired cleaners
  • Vase
  • Cookbooks
  • Random lids
  • Over sized and unused Gladeware
  • Several rouge half burnt birthday candles

No comments: